Highlighted

Is there any .NET SDK available for catalog development in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Expert

I want to develop catalog display for products using C# in InDeisgn. Is there any .NET SDK available to that? Any kind of help will be appreciable.

Thanks 

Avijit 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Manan Joshi | Adobe Community Professional

All can be done using the COM interface, you need to get an idea about the InDesign DOM and then you can stitch together your business logic alongwith operations within InDesign. As a start see the JS sdk interface to get an idea about InDesign DOM, COM interface will have equivalent methods, properties, see the following

https://www.indesignjs.de/extendscriptAPI/indesign-latest/#about.html

-Manan

Topics

SDK, Server developers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is there any .NET SDK available for catalog development in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Expert

I want to develop catalog display for products using C# in InDeisgn. Is there any .NET SDK available to that? Any kind of help will be appreciable.

Thanks 

Avijit 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Manan Joshi | Adobe Community Professional

All can be done using the COM interface, you need to get an idea about the InDesign DOM and then you can stitch together your business logic alongwith operations within InDesign. As a start see the JS sdk interface to get an idea about InDesign DOM, COM interface will have equivalent methods, properties, see the following

-Manan

Topics

SDK, Server developers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The is no such sdk for catalog development that Adobe has released for InDesign. InDesign DOM can be accessed via either the native C++ sdk or via the COM interface. For .net you can use the COM interface, i found a prior discussion on this round that might help you

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/is-indesign-api-available-for-c-net-language/td-p/9939447

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Manan 

I have also found it on the internet. With the help of this code I can read and write data from a text frame. But, my main purpose is to create a product catalogue with price. So in that case how to set images, resize the image to the document.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0
piks LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan

I am going thorugh the document it is helping me a lot. Thanks a lot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking to do thus on a server? Who is the catalogue delivered to (in general terms)? Why InDesign?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually after fetching the product and it's price from SAP, I want to create a product catalogue along with these products in a PDF format.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0