• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any other way of recovering this file?

Enthusiast ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At about 7:30 this evening, InDesign froze solid enough that I had to power down my laptop to get out of it. Now it won't recover the file I was working on. The latest save timestamp on the file is 4:13 this afternoon. I'd sure rather not have to redo that three hours of work (or the hour I did earlier in the day, if the file is completely irrecoverable). Now every time I try to open ID, it opens up the old version of the file as an untitled document and freezes trying to recover this one. Anything else I can try?

kyriosity_0-1591681836310.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a backup? If you use Backblaze there is a backup you can download. If you keep your WIP in Dropbox you can recover an older version there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good thought, but in this case it probably wouldn't help. This was a really old book file that I was asked to update, and any version of the file would have the same issues. For some reason it happens with almost every old ID file I work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Email the file to Adobe they will try an recover it

corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com

I am not sure how soon you will get a revert back from Adobe. If you need a paid service you can contact Markzware at the following

https://markzware.com/products/file-recovery-service/

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the version from 4:13 this afternoon. Would that have the recovery data included in it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines