Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any simple way to do this?

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

first of all, sorry for my poor english. Is there any simple way, how to do this (picture bottom)? In indesign or illustrator? 

I know distort & transform in illustrator. The problem is that this restaurant menu changes very often. The number of items is changing. Is there any way how to transform text around some kind of shape? Thanks.

menu.jpg

TOPICS
How to , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

… A game like this one!  😉

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kco_pryk-1Y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vladimír,

no. There is no simple way. Not with InDesign, not with Illustrator.

I could imagine that a script could help here, but there are some details where even a seasoned script writer will struggle with. E.g. think of the two lines of text in the first pink section at about 3:30 h.

If you consider someone to write a script for this stay with InDesign as your layout application.

The scripting capabilities of InDesign are superior to Illustrator.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no simple way, but it can be done in Illustator using the Polar Grid tool.

Creative a Polar grid with as many "spokes" (radial dividers) as you need and then convert each to a Path type object by clicking on it with the Path Type tool.

Alterntively, draw a circle, create one spoke with path type in the right size and your chosen font (be sure to capture this as a paragraph style) then duplicate copies around the centre of the circle. Edit the text as required. You will need to repeat this process 3 times--once for each of the concentric rings. Use layers to help organise the content.

It will take time to set up and extensive editing will be time consuming and frustrating, but it is possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for your answear. But this isnt resolve my problem. I know how to make this type of graphic (for example in transform menu, or simply with math like 360/number of lines, and than rotate with these angle all lines.) 

Problem is, that restaurant changes this menu every month, sometimes they remove lines, sometimes they add. And in that case i have to rearrange all of the graphics again. So I am looking for some kind of better way, how to do it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… A game like this one!  😉

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kco_pryk-1Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly this one! So scripting...  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is an easyish way to do this... and it depends how you create the info, using flush spaces and paragraghs and then copying and pasting into illustrator. Link the stories (lines) together, paste the text onto the first line.  ... here is a quick video to show you what I mean.
https://youtu.be/mz2gRfWwstE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines