• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this appropriate for InDesign?

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a smaller computer to use for backup/traveling that will support InDesign.

I believe this will work, but I'd like feedback from anyone who sees any problem with it:

Windows 10 professional

Intel Core i5-3340m 2.7 GHz

8 GB DDR3

500 GB Hard Drive

intel HD graphics 4000 integrated graphics

12.5" HD + anti-glare 1366x768 resolution

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

There is a very big difference between whether InDesign will run on a configuration or whether a particular configuration is prudent for use with InDesign.

Assuming you are running the 64-bit version of Windows, yes, it will install and run with the configuration you specified. But don't expect using InDesign on this configuration will be confortable.

Notes:

• 8GB of memory should be upgraded to 16GB for any reasonable performance.
  • If that 500GB hard drive is a conventional rotating magneti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a very big difference between whether InDesign will run on a configuration or whether a particular configuration is prudent for use with InDesign.

Assuming you are running the 64-bit version of Windows, yes, it will install and run with the configuration you specified. But don't expect using InDesign on this configuration will be confortable.

Notes:

• 8GB of memory should be upgraded to 16GB for any reasonable performance.
  • If that 500GB hard drive is a conventional rotating magnetic disk, upgrade to a 512GB SSD. There is a dramatic improvement in performance.
  • In terms of screen size, 12.5" is really small and editing in InDesign will be painful on your eyes.
  • In terms of screen resolution, 1366x768 is not real HD (high definition). Real HD (high definition) starts at 1920x1024.
  • The integrated graphics will probably do.
  • The Core I5 processor will be sluggish, but will suffice assuming you upgrade the memory and disk as indicated above.

Bottom line is you really need to beef up the configuration.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be sure to avoid the Surface Pro X, which cannot run 64 bit apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines