Exit

issue about link from word to indesign

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have an issue when I link a word text into Indesign :

Situation : My text is linked and the automatic update is turned on / Inside options, I chose "don't import with text style / In to Indesign document, I applied a paragraph style to my text

Issue : / Then I modified my text in Word , saved and closed word / I update the text inside Indesign / Then the paragraph style change to word style, which is a desastre with hundreds pages!!!

Sometimes it works well and sometime not, and I can't understand the difference between the to situations.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Vincent

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vincent

This is the normal behaviour of InDesign regarding linking a Word file in InDesign: when you update the Word file you update all (content and styles). The only way to avoid this is to map Word styles with InDesign files when you import the file or to name the InDesign styles exactly like the word styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vincent,

I would recommend a plug-in for this kind of workflow:

WordsFlow by EM Software

http://emsoftware.com/products/wordsflow/

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines