Highlighted

Issue Saving After Latest Update

Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed there is an issue saving InDesign Documents after the latest update.  I just updated the software today on my PC.

Note I am running Windows 10.

Here is what the files look like when they save to my desktop.

It appears as if they are other files and not InDesign files.

Has anyone else noticed this???

I am sure it will be fixed.... so I am not worried.  But just really strange to see. 

2020-06-18 09_21_55-.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by KShinabery212 | Adobe Community Professional

I did a live chat with Adobe support.  It turns out that for some odd reason it was not associating the file with an InDesign file.  Not sure why... If you looked at the properties it was clearly an InDesign file as you could see the logo there.  Anyways, after I uninstalled and reinstalled InDesign everything was working fine.  Whew, what a heart attack.

The technician was awesome.  Super friendly and really helpful.  So we connected on LinkedIn!  Great to meet other awesome people at Adobe. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issue Saving After Latest Update

Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed there is an issue saving InDesign Documents after the latest update.  I just updated the software today on my PC.

Note I am running Windows 10.

Here is what the files look like when they save to my desktop.

It appears as if they are other files and not InDesign files.

Has anyone else noticed this???

I am sure it will be fixed.... so I am not worried.  But just really strange to see. 

2020-06-18 09_21_55-.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by KShinabery212 | Adobe Community Professional

I did a live chat with Adobe support.  It turns out that for some odd reason it was not associating the file with an InDesign file.  Not sure why... If you looked at the properties it was clearly an InDesign file as you could see the logo there.  Anyways, after I uninstalled and reinstalled InDesign everything was working fine.  Whew, what a heart attack.

The technician was awesome.  Super friendly and really helpful.  So we connected on LinkedIn!  Great to meet other awesome people at Adobe. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 18, 2020 0
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KShinabery212,

I'm also on Windows 10 with InDesign 15.1.0.25.

I cannot see this issue:

InDesign-15.1.0.25-doc-on-Desktop-Windows10.PNG

However, I did not use the installer from CC Desktop App, but used the installer from InDesign Prerelease a couple of days before the official release.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe,

Yeah I got it from the Creative Cloud App downloader.  I am not on the prelease.... can only do so many of those. 

No idea what is happening. 

I just saved to a folder and this is what it looks like.....

STRANGE...

So it is creating that blank looking icon and then this lock doc. 

No clue what is going on with it.  But this would be bad if someone were creating something they wanted to save.  Hopefully, they will figure out this bug.  I know they will... just a matter of time.

2020-06-18 17_08_35-CVDCI.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the desktop, right-click on an InDesign file and use the Open With menu; then choose Use Another App menu (even if InDesign is one of the options shown). When the dialog box opens, choose InDesign and click the Always Use this App to Open .indd File checkbox. InDesign will open. I would then quit and restart.

If you still have a problem, you might need a registery cleaner, such as CCleaner (not to be confused with the Adobe CC Cleaner tool). 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2020 0