• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with arrow keys

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 5 year old Mac Book Pro hooked up to a 27" Dell monitor as a second screen and am using the latest Mac keyboard. I have been able to use the arrow keys to nudge objects and all was fine until I had to give someone my new keyboard for awhile and am now using an older Mac keyboard. 

When I press the up arrow on the stand-alone keyboard it creates a line around whatever object or text frame I have selcted and am trying to nudge. All other arrows work fine.

The up arrow on my laptop keyboard works fine too with no outlining.

I've checked in the Keyboard Shortcuts but can't find anything there which might be causing this.

It must be something to do with the keyboard... any way to reset preferences?

Help?!

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & InDesign? Does it happen with a specific file or all? Have you tried to use this keyboard with other apps on the machine?

You may also try resetting preferences of Adobe InDesign. Let us know how it goes.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is ment

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And did you reboot after swapping keyboards?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & InDesign? Does it happen with a specific file or all? Have you tried to use this keyboard with other apps on the machine?

You may also try resetting preferences of Adobe InDesign. Let us know how it goes.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines