• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with InDesign files working off network drive

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I work at a small company where we have all of our artists work off a network drive connecting through SMB. They worked off the network drive no problem when using InDesign v14 with Mac OS Sierra. However, v15 came out and High Sierra was required to update to this. So we updated to High Sierra thinking there would be no issues...Well now whenever they try to open an InDesign document it comes up with various errors such as:

Error when opening file from network driveError when opening file from network drive

And some files have the .idlk lock file stay on the drive like so:

idlk file remains.png

I have tested removing our Anti-virus software to see if that is causing an issue. At first it seemed like it was causing the error until the "Spouse Symposium.indd" file a staff member was working on still had this issue even after removing the anti-virus. Most of the time they can click on the file which then pops up with the error pictured above but the second time clicking on it will open it. 

I also checked to see if something was wrong with the installation of OS which I have reinstalled on several of the iMacs but it still seems to appear. If anyone has advice on why this keeps happening I would appreciate it as this issue has been going on for about 3 months. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?