• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with links to pages within document

Participant ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble editing links to pages within document. I have a list of links (similar to a table of contents) Once a link has been made, if I try to edit it, it changes all of the links in the list. It is doing this in more than one document so I know it's not the document.

Also, Is there a way to clear all the links and start over? It's acting like it's a bug. Very strange. Please help!

I'm using InDesign version 14.0.3 Mac OS 10.13.6

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , How to , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

People's Champ , May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Sounds weird.

When you say "change all the links," changes in what way?

To clear links, select them all in the Hyperlinks panel, and then click on the trashcan icon to delete as usual.

You could then also open the flyout menu of the Hyperlinks panel and select "Delete all unused hyperlink destinations" to be on the safe side.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience with the links. In addition to the earlier response, I'd recommend updating to Adobe InDesign 2020(v15.0.3) for better performance and stability.
You may also check out help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/hyperlinks.html#manage_hyperlinks to know how to manage hyperlinks.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds weird.

When you say "change all the links," changes in what way?

To clear links, select them all in the Hyperlinks panel, and then click on the trashcan icon to delete as usual.

You could then also open the flyout menu of the Hyperlinks panel and select "Delete all unused hyperlink destinations" to be on the safe side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience with the links. In addition to the earlier response, I'd recommend updating to Adobe InDesign 2020(v15.0.3) for better performance and stability.
You may also check out help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/hyperlinks.html#manage_hyperlinks to know how to manage hyperlinks.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines