• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues Exporting to EPUB - blank pages, switched pages, graph changes, font changes

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe community,

I am having trouble exporting an InDesign document to an EPUB reflowable format. For some reason, when I export the file and view it in Adobe Digital Editions, it is adding blank pages and sometimes switching the order of pages. I don't know why this would be. Any thoughts?

Also, for an easier question, does anyone know how to embed fonts when exporting to EPUB? I'd like the fonts to stay the same, if possible. Similary, does anyone know how to treat an in-text table so that the blank space in each square stays? Is there a ways to rasterize a table?

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it!

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

When you export to EPUB, it uses way your frames are linked together to determine the order to some extent. It has to export the linked story and then it can go back and export any individual frames after that. This can often produce the results you are describing but I'd really need to see the file to give you a definitive answer.

When you export a file from InDesign to a Reflowable EPUB, in the Export dialog box in the HTML & CSS section, you can enable the "Include Embeddable Fonts" checkbo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you export to EPUB, it uses way your frames are linked together to determine the order to some extent. It has to export the linked story and then it can go back and export any individual frames after that. This can often produce the results you are describing but I'd really need to see the file to give you a definitive answer.

When you export a file from InDesign to a Reflowable EPUB, in the Export dialog box in the HTML & CSS section, you can enable the "Include Embeddable Fonts" checkbox. This will embed any fonts that allow you to embed them (all Adobe fonts give you this ability).

You can force a table to rasterize if you copy the text frame that contains the table and paste it into another frame. It's a trick I've used in the past to force tables to rasterize.

I hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines