• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with pagination

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an InDesign document with almost 70 pages.

I want the pagination to start at Document Page 10, from Number 1.

Means page 10 pagination nr. 1, page 11 pagination nr. 2, etc. 

Unfortunately I have already played around a little bit with The Sections Tool (layout > numbering and section options) and I think I messed it up a little bit. 
My document page 10 is now numbered with page 10, but document page 11 is numbered with page 1. 

Is there any chance I can reset the numbering and section options? 

kind regards.

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

To start over, double click the triangle above page 10 and uncheck start section in Numbering and Section options.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to check – you have a 70 page document and you want the folio to start the numbering at 1 (Arabic figures) to appear on page 10 of the 70 pages – correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, correct!

I think I already know how to do that, but unfortunately I have played around a little bit in the numbering and section options window, therefore it shows number ten on page ten, but number one on page eleven, on going with page 12, etc..

So if there is any trick how to delete the numbering settings and start from scratch, it'd be helpful.

Maybe you can help me out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clememsschahsedi:

In publishing, right page numbers are always odd and left page numbers are even.

In addition to showing you how to restart numbering mid-document (easy), you are fighting tradition to designate page 10 (a left page) as 1 (which InDesign will force to a right page). You can force it back to a left page, but are you sure you want to do this? 

~Barb

pages.gif

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To start over, double click the triangle above page 10 and uncheck start section in Numbering and Section options.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Barb, problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great!

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines