• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Publish Online feature in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue trying to publish online documents from inside InDesign - the upload goes to 99% and then I get an error message (Error #16).

It's really frustrating because there is no way to resume the upload and you need to start the whole process all over, including preparing the document for upload, which takes quite a long time.

Equally frustrating, the support page for this feature on Adobe's website asks you to copy-paste the information below on a forum post that is not longer available (the support page was updated November 2019, the forum page mentioned there was closed February 2019):

{"_links":{"self":{"href":"https://cc-api-cp.adobe.io/api/v2/limits","type":"application/hal+json"}},"small_file_upload_limit":52428800,"rendition_size_limit":2048,"copy_job_subtasks_limit":1000}

I couldn't find any reference about what my error code (#16) means.

Can anyone please help?

TOPICS
Bug , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'd recommend you to click on https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-publish-online-errors.html to know the possible troubleshooting steps of Error 16.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor , Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Couple of ideas:

- is there video in your document? Even if you've published docs of this size before, if you have video, you might try downsampling with Handbrake or other utility; the error you posted would indeed seem to be related to file size. Also, I suppose you could do a "Save As" and save as same filename. This will almost always decrease your ID file size, sometimes by quite a bit.

- do you have the option set for the reader to download a PDF? If so, please try turning off and trying t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what if we need to use the option for the reader to download as PDF? Is there a way to bulk downsize all the photos and then publish the file online?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create the PDF to your specifications, upload it to a webserver and give users a link within the Publish Online document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

romanap – You can enable the Publish Online document so that the reader can download a PDF version, but it is a static PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

October 2023 and the toggle download trick worked. HOW IS THIS STILL AN ISSUE FOR SOFTWARE I PAY $50/MONTH FOR????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this error and I've unchecked the PDF option.
I do have videos within the documents but I've sized them down.
Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines