• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Items disappear and become unselectable unless I access them by layer panel

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as the title says, I have a group of items in my document that just randomly disappeared and aren't able to be selected with my house. When I hit Command + A to select all, it doesn't pick up on them. On that same layers, I can go to the layers panel and select the objects that way, but they're still invisible. Help!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might experiment to see whether you have a partially-corrupt document by exporting to IDML and then re-opening the IDML file to generate a clean new ID document. Once re-done, check to see if the condition persists.

If it does, I would suggest resetting ID prefs.

Resolve Slow Performance...

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a ton, Mike! That seemed to do the trick. Is that typically one of the first moves to make when I suspect some sort of corruption or bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, try Mike's suggestions. Are they all in the same layer? If so, make sure the layer they're on isn't non-printing, orr that "Show Layer" is on. Are they visible when you're in Normal mode? Preview mode? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the issue is happening again, and I've just recently remade and opened the IDML file. It seems to be corrupting very, very often. Is there a way to stop this? At this point, it's interrupting my workflow pretty dramatically. All lyers are visible, preview mode is normal, and by all accounts the objects should be visible and selectable. So weird!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaaand, now some items are visible but unable to be selected... Even after being deleted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any chance you can post the file, or a sample from the .indd file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines