Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Java Script Error

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a PDF file (183 pages) on which I'd like to add bleeds + crop marks so I'm trying to import it in an inDesign document by using the javascript : PlaceMultipagePDF, but I have an error pop up telling me that there is a javascript error :

Capture d’écran 2021-06-09 à 15.30.12.png

I've tried doing this by placing the PDF either on an open indd document either on a new one,  I've also tried to import different PDF documents but still.

Does anyone has an idea on the reason of this error ?

Thanks,

M

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Hello,

You can add the marks to the PDF directly in Acrobat Pro if the file has true trim and bleed boxes. Create a prefilght profile with a "Custom fixups" to add crop and bleed marks with your specified settings.

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 10.26.00 AM.png

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melanie,

hard to tell what's going wrong.

I would try a different script, MultiPageImporter, originally written by Scott Zanelli and now curated by Mike Edel:

https://github.com/mike-edel/ID-MultiPageImporter/releases

MultiPageImporter-2.6.4-MainDialog-1.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for your advice, I've downloaded the script but still a mistake don't know why but I assume that the PDF might have a problem. And I don't have the time to figure what is the problem 🙂

Otherwise thank you for the script because I find it a lot more complete than the original one.

Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You can add the marks to the PDF directly in Acrobat Pro if the file has true trim and bleed boxes. Create a prefilght profile with a "Custom fixups" to add crop and bleed marks with your specified settings.

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 10.26.00 AM.png

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Thank you, this is how I proceed 🙂 I've added the bleed + crop marks directly with Acrobat Pro and it did the job just fine 🙂

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melanie,

as I said, hard to tell what's going wrong.

Did you experiment a bit with the MultiPageImporter script?

There are several options with "Crop to:" in the "Placement Options".

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Yes I've experimented them all but I have each time an error message like this one : 

Capture d’écran 2021-06-10 à 14.20.18.png

I also tried to "save" again my pdf "as" .. as recommended on the popup but still 😞 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines