Highlighted

Javascript | How to know if a cell is merged in a table?

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm currently working on a script that applies a background color to a column.

With simple table it works fine, but when on the first rown there is two cells merged, and if I select the merged cells and the two columns below, it only colors the first one.

I thought that if I knew if the selected cell is a merged cell, I could easily color the selected column.

Many thanks,

Nicolas

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jongware | Most Valuable Participant

columnSpan is for horizontal merges, rowSpan for vertical, so best check both (http://jongware.mit.edu/idcs5.5js_html/idcs5.5js/pc_Cell.html)

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Javascript | How to know if a cell is merged in a table?

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm currently working on a script that applies a background color to a column.

With simple table it works fine, but when on the first rown there is two cells merged, and if I select the merged cells and the two columns below, it only colors the first one.

I thought that if I knew if the selected cell is a merged cell, I could easily color the selected column.

Many thanks,

Nicolas

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jongware | Most Valuable Participant

columnSpan is for horizontal merges, rowSpan for vertical, so best check both (http://jongware.mit.edu/idcs5.5js_html/idcs5.5js/pc_Cell.html)

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a cell's rowSpan is greater than 1 it's horizontally merged.

if (myCell.rowSpan > 1)

P.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks to both of you, that's exactly what I needed!

Have a nice day 🙂

Nicolas

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0