• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Justification problems

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to manually modify parts of the text in order to make the justification look less bad (fully justified). The problem is - i select a pharagraph, go to Style Options - Justification - and manually change the first values BUT IT CHANGES THE JUSTIFICATION OF THE ENTIRE DOCUMENT!! I am not sure what i'm missing. Can you guys help me?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Hi @popescue82460300 :

If you are modifying a parent style (i.e., Body), and you have child styles based on Body (i.e., Quote or List or Footnote), then modifying the parent will roll down through the children. Check a paragraph style that you would not have expected to change and see what the Based on is set to. If you change a child style, it does not change the parent, so you can restore the child settings. 

~Barb 

style.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @popescue82460300 :

If you are modifying a parent style (i.e., Body), and you have child styles based on Body (i.e., Quote or List or Footnote), then modifying the parent will roll down through the children. Check a paragraph style that you would not have expected to change and see what the Based on is set to. If you change a child style, it does not change the parent, so you can restore the child settings. 

~Barb 

style.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also it sounds like you want to override the justificaion of a styled paragraph. If that’s the case select the text and use the Paragraph panel’s flyout menu Justification setting rather than editing the style in the Paragraph Style panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines