• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep Options added as mistaken override in Easy Catalog

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a strange Indesign problem when working with the Easy Catalog plug-in. I have a bunch of paragraph styles built into my template, some with keep options and some without. The first time I paginate some products, it might go okay. But then when I add additional products, it suddenly adds a "Keep with next" as an override onto 2 of the paragraph styles (and always the same 2), which causes my product to break across the page where I do not want it to. I have tested it out in various ways, and am wondering if somewhere there is a bug or else some files are corrupted. Has anyone had issues where Indesign adds random overrides? The screen shots shows the Keep Next overrides on the "Long Description" and "Table paragraph"  which is causing the bottom right set of cards to break. And there are no "Keep Options" in those original paragraph styles. Any help why Indesign would throw the overrides on?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When editing InDesign style, it is important to use reference style. Each style is built on another style of the same type. When the main source style changes, all dependent styles change.

I put a special letter at the beginning of the styles I use for the document. Like XY TEXT STYLE, XY Body Style. To avoid confusion with another style of the same type due to XY.

Then I connect the styles to each other by reference. This type of style corruption is easier to detect.

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Phylis,

did you contact the Easy Catalog support?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines