• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep options unwanted break

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign break my table caption and my table with no reason. I want the table caption on the first page and the table right below it. 

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 10.27.00.png

Any idea on how to fix this?

Here are the style I used for the table caption

caotion.png

And the style of the table

table.png

TOPICS
Bug , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

another trying 🙂
2021-01-26_17-52-24.png

As this issue takes place just in 1 point, I've changed a bit the previous paragraph layout. I just changed a bit the tracking values, and the table title returned to its normal place. It was a local override, not a style changing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

show please the screenshot with Hidden Characters turned On. It may help to find the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is. Just for your information, the same styles are used all over the document and is usually working correctly.

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 11.20.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that deal is not with Keep options but with Span Column settings. When you have 2-column and 1-column paragraphs, they require a big attention and may cause some strange text behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks!  You should be right as I have issue with my 2 columns layout. Do you have any advice to avoid/reduce this kind of issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can share the ID file (at leasr this part of text if you don't want to share all the content), I could look at all the styles and try to find the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Here is a link to a short version of the file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vj13pg04zt3q63c/adobe%20com.indd?dl=0

By preparing the file, it changed slightly the aspect it had before but the bug is still present.

Please let me know what you think! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that it's the only problem, but it seems that "Align to Grid > All lines" in "Table Anchor" paragraph style make this mess. When I cancelled it the layout became look good.
2021-01-26_15-13-40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying so hard! Unfortunately, I still have the issue. I reset the "Table Anchor" paragraph style to base (and add the only settings I wanted) but still have this issue.

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 12.29.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, all this is quite strange, maybe this is not a final. But.

Now I paid attention to table title style (title-#) and added Keep with Prevoius to avoid title's jumping to a new page and Keep with next 1 line to attach the table to the title. It worked, but it makes sense to check it with other parts of the text.

2021-01-26_15-56-12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again. I am not able to reproduce your setup. When I add "Keep with previous" to "table-#", it adds another break! 

Anyway, I think this cannot be used throughout the whole document as it could create error when the table caption is at top of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another trying 🙂
2021-01-26_17-52-24.png

As this issue takes place just in 1 point, I've changed a bit the previous paragraph layout. I just changed a bit the tracking values, and the table title returned to its normal place. It was a local override, not a style changing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This one worked! Thanks for the hard work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your paragraph style "table-#" change Align to Grid > "None"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines