• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcut for Type Tool not working in InDesign 2021

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyboard hotkey for Type Tool, "T", does not properly work. When I press the keyboard hotkey from any other selected tool, it switches to the Type Tool, then automatically switches to the Selection Tool. In order to actively use the Type Tool, I must directly select in from my Tool Panel. 

If I close indesign and reopen, the problem may or may not be fixed. This has been an ongoing problem through the various updates. I've uninstalled multiple times. I can't narrow down what triggers this but it's infuriating and slows me down ingredibly. 

Has anyone ran into this problem? 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Could you please confirm when did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.

I would suggest if you could try these steps ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...) and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines