Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

keyboard shortcuts not working CC 2020

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

For some time, however, before updating to the 2020 version, the keyboard shortcuts like "shift + D" to duplicate or "shift + drag" to scale an element proportionally or "option + space" to zoom in no longer work. I tried all the solutions found on the forum but they didn't give results: I restarted the application doing the preferences reset, I deleted the files of preferences and cache, I restarted the mac, I reset the pram, ... I work on macbook pro Mojave. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 149 Replies 149
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb,

Its REALLY, REALLY frustrating that, after reading everyone's posts here that clearly state it has nothing to do with conflicts as it has worked flawlessly for years you then come back with this absolutely crazy answer!

This issue has started for me since a recent update from Adobe. Any shortcuts using command/spacebar etc stop working. They work again after a restart on the machine but then stop again for no obvious reason. This is costing time and money!!

I am a Pepsico employee can you please get someone to contact me?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Using a Macbook Pro, OS 10.15.3 and v. 15.0. 2 of Indesign. 

I can't use the Option key to drag an object and make a copy - it's maddening. And there are problems with character and text styles - I have to change styles manually.  What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening on my computer, I have a Macbook Pro 10.15.3 and v. 15.0.1 of InDesign. Option + drag to duplicate doesn't work, CMD + Spacebar to activate Zoom tool doesn't work either 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I was helped by Adobe who uninstalled Malwarebytes from my computer -
then the problem was fixed, although I notice other little glitches with
Indesign, with paragraph and character styles. but at least Option and drag
to duplicate works. I then installed an updated free ersion of Malwarebytes
online and it seems ok. Maybe try uninstalling Malwarebytes and see if that
works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have malwarebytes on my computers, so that's not the factor. Thanks, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have malwarebytes either and have never had. My computer is 3 months old and it was working on the older version of InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe mentioned other software too, but I've forgotten what it was since I
didn't have it. It would be worth contacting them directly - there is some
serious problem and the more they hear about it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated InDesign to 15.0.2 and these functions started workin again for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on InDesign 15.1.1 and having issues. Type Tool (T) is having problems, I'm sure others are as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just started happening to me today and I am using Premiere Pro CC 2020.  I hav not yet tied InDesign or Photoshop or Illustrator, but this is going to squash my production time. ugggghhhh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem just popped up for me. I've had my MacBook for about 3 weeks (running catalina) and just today the keyboard shortcuts stopped working in InDesign. There's no updates for either the computer or software available. They've been working fine for the past 3 week. Anyone find any simple solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the culprit for the issue on my end: it was my Wacom pad! I disconnected and all keyboard commands were back as they should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running Webroot? Have you tried rebooting your computer and only opening InDesign to see if the shortcuts work again? This is usually another application interfering with InDesign's keyboard shortcuts. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem with Illustrator (haven't tried other apps) all of the sudden this week I can't zoom with command + but + works zooming in otehr places just not adobe apps. I also have no more spacebar hand in the app, this all still happening after OSX update this week still AND restarts with only one app open. HELP this is majorly messing with work flow. I dont have Webroot - i dont even know waht that is !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not ask in the Illustrator forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested happening in photoshop too - its all CC 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just now updated my Adobe suite of products and wish I hadn't! Before I ran the updates the keyboard shortcuts were working fine. After the updates, not so much - e.g. the shortcut "W" for toggling between Normal and Preview modes does not work. I can assign the "W" to one or the other, but this is not how this shortcut worked. I loged into Adobe to see if there were other people having this problem, and found this "list of problems" with the keyboard shortcuts after the 2020 update. And all I see from Adobe are suggestions for what users can do. This is unacceptable. These shortcuts have been assigned by Adobe for years, and are still listed on the Adobe site as standard shortcuts. Please fix your shortcuts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact issue. For all Adobe CC the space bar doesn't work to "grab" the artboard. "command-space" doesn't work for the zoom shortcut. It seems Adobe is trying to eliminate the space bar for use with any shortcuts. This is very frustrating as these shortcuts have become second nature to me for almost 15 years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Updated to Catalina V 10.15.5 a few days ago and working with the latest version of InDesign. No wacom. Can't drag and dublicate objects, shortcut for zoom does not work. Super annoying 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here to report this as well, specifically the zoom in/out shortcut not working. No wacom table for me either. In an odd workaround, I've found that this has worked for me. The zoom/in out doesn't seem to work on newly created (since update) documents. But, if I go and open a file created BEFORE the update, the zoom in/out will work. I then close that older document, and open one created since the update and the zoom in/out shortcut is remedied, it works again. Super annoying to have to do that, but it's a workaround (for me at least) in the interim. Give it a try. (I'm still on Mojave 10.14.6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for me, it's only the cmd-n and cmd-o the first time after launch that's not working. After creating a new document or opening through the menubar the issue is gone. ID15.0.3 OSX 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but this is for Illustrator, not InDesign.

Ciao, Sunni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type Tool (T) Keyboard shortcut not working here. [InDesign 15.1.1 x64 - PC]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on mine, 15.1.1, Mac. Whenever I press the (T) it activates but switches back to another tool in a second. Very annoying, did you have the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines