keyboard shortcuts not working CC 2020

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

For some time, however, before updating to the 2020 version, the keyboard shortcuts like "shift + D" to duplicate or "shift + drag" to scale an element proportionally or "option + space" to zoom in no longer work. I tried all the solutions found on the forum but they didn't give results: I restarted the application doing the preferences reset, I deleted the files of preferences and cache, I restarted the mac, I reset the pram, ... I work on macbook pro Mojave. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Bug, EPUB, How to

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 130 Replies 130
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems so many share the same frustration with short cuts suddenly not working after Mac goes to sleep mode, or if Micrsoft programs are used at the same time. I have had this problem FOR YEARS, and at least on 3-4 different MacBooks and Adobe Accounts (Business and personal). Concidering being a loyal customer to both companies for decades a problem like this should not be ignored. The only way I have found to be working is to restart the laptop. Super annoying when being in middle of creative flow and critical deadline. Adobe and Apple, FIX THIS PROBLEM please!!!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be the case when anything Office is open the key commands don't work in Adobe. Oh, just great.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, and what isnt great is that this issue was posted in November 2019 and still no fix.  Adobe keeps blaming Microsoft and Microsoft keeps blaming Adobe.

We, the customer, are suffering because of this.  

Look, I depend on Adobe Shortcuts to work when I'm on client Zoom calls and I'm drawing quickly.  Its hurting my productivity when Adobe shortcuts stop working.  My other non-Adobe software like Autodesk Sketch work properly.  If these other software work, why cant Adobe program their software to work correctly? 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you running? What other software are you running at the same time?

I run both Windows and Mac and full Office Suite on both, and full Adobe suite on both - and I have no issues. 

It might be unrelated to Adobe altogether. But we need more info.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOLY MOLY -- a simple restart fixed all the things. 

Wishing you all luck! 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Risa, it might be that when you restarted the Microsoft Office programs closed. Mine, at least is directly related to Office being open.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines