• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard Shortcuts stops working after a while in InDesign 2020 on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing some files that i've created 2 months ago. Each file is no longer than 2 pages long with only 3-5 images each. I've noticed since the latest update that after working on couple of files (2-5 files) any existing file I try to edit, it starts glitching; For example i cannot delete a text box, Add picture, replace image etc. Although changing colors of the existing file works.

If I try to perform same tasks using mouse and menu it all works fine. but simple tasks such as pasting text, cut, copy etc all keyboard shortcuts stops working.

If i close inDesign or the file and open it again it seems to be working fine. Almost every 3rd-4th file is facing this same issue. Any idea what could be done to fix this issue?

InDesign version 15.1.1

Windows 10 i9-9900K [64 GB RAM] RTX2080Ti

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. These issues are generally caused when the shortcuts keys conflicts with other applications. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode) and check how it works there. It starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which are conflicting with the InDesign. 

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Srishti,

I've been experience the same problems – it usually happens after my MacBook Pro enters sleep mode. Basic shortcuts like using the space bar for the handtool or option+command for scalling objects simply stops working.

It happens in both inDesign 14.0.3 and 15.0.2, running in macOS 10.15.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines