• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Known issue with InDesign 15.1.3 and Catalina 10.15.7...?

Contributor ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new iMac and it has a brand new updated install of macOS Catalina 10.15.7 on it. I also (obviously) installed InDesign on it and, important, I set all options manually, so all preference files are new: I didn't copy anything from my old computer because that can sometimes result in errors.

Regardless of all this InDesign crashes to the desktop around 5 times a day... Extremely annoying, as you can imagine. 

Is there a known issue with InDesign 15.1.3 and Catalina 10.15.7...? Or do I simply have bad luck? I am not running any odd plugins or anything. I do use Suitcase Fusion though (21.2.1 (9438): might that be problematic...?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling Suitcase Fusion and if that doesn't help reset your InDesign preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question was if there is a known issue... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is yes – there have been reports of issues with font managers – but please yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the much needed additional information. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your feed-back would be helpful for other users with similar issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I disabled Suitcase and ID still has CTD's a few times every day. The preferences are all manually set again. No luck. A colleague of mine, with the exact same system, has the same issues with ID locking up a few times every day. InDesign 15.1.3 and Catalina 10.15.7 on a brand new (2020) iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines