• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest InDesign upgrade

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updgraded to the 2021 Adobe InDesign from the 2020. After the download was complete, I uninstalled the 2020 version, thinking I didn't need it. I noticed after doing that my InDesign files no longer had InDesign icons, all icons were blank and the 2021 version would not open any of the 2020 files. So I had to resinstall the 2020 version. Why do I need to keep both versions? Is there something wrong going on here? Otherwise, my only other option is to open Adobe InDesign 2021 and open files via the File open, option. This is tedious and time consuming. What is the point of an upgrade? Is anyone else experiencing this?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Problem has been fixed. I ended up uninstalling both versions of InDesign, restarted computer and installed only the 2021 version. Everything is running fine now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem has been fixed. I ended up uninstalling both versions of InDesign, restarted computer and installed only the 2021 version. Everything is running fine now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines