Highlighted

latin text vs Hebrew text in the same paragraph

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have written in MS Word a typical line (paragraph)
HelloWorld TAB HelloWorld TAB Hebrew_text

It looks fine in Word. Now I imported the word document into InDesign using "Place".

Error: The Hebrew text is left_to_right

I marked the paragraph and used the function "Adobe World-Ready Composer". Indeed there were changes! My "HelloWorld" was right_to_left and my Hebrew text was correct right_to_left.

How do I work with two languages in one paragragh?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by SJRiegel | Adobe Community Professional

Check the Character-Level language that is applied to the text. You can create a character style that defines only the language, and apply it to your Hebrew text, while the appropriate other language is applied to the rest.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

latin text vs Hebrew text in the same paragraph

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have written in MS Word a typical line (paragraph)
HelloWorld TAB HelloWorld TAB Hebrew_text

It looks fine in Word. Now I imported the word document into InDesign using "Place".

Error: The Hebrew text is left_to_right

I marked the paragraph and used the function "Adobe World-Ready Composer". Indeed there were changes! My "HelloWorld" was right_to_left and my Hebrew text was correct right_to_left.

How do I work with two languages in one paragragh?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by SJRiegel | Adobe Community Professional

Check the Character-Level language that is applied to the text. You can create a character style that defines only the language, and apply it to your Hebrew text, while the appropriate other language is applied to the rest.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0