• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer Adjustment for Lighten in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please advise how to lighten the layer that content the photo in InDesign, I need this adjustment to avoids the darken output when printing in offset printing (non digital printing) due to convert to CMYK.

Awaiting the advise.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no good way to lighten a photo in InDesign. Your best bet is to edit the image in Photoshop and then update the link in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And keeep your image in RGB color mode (i.e. don't convert it to CMYK).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I need this adjustment to avoids the darken output when printing in offset printing (non digital printing) due to convert to CMYK.

You seem to be describing a color mangement problem. If the print output is too dark relative to the soft proof display, either the destination CMYK profile is wrong, or your system’s monitor profile is not an accurate, or a combination of both. InDesign converts all color into your monitor profile for the soft proof display, so it has to be accurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines