Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Leading & Incremental Object Moving Issues with Indesign

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Using Indesign  2019 on Windows 7  with 32 gigs of RAM and 2.1 GHz processor.

I  made a graphic to explain this issue.   I feel like there is a control blocking the leading from working or Open Type font not being identified in Indesign but do not know what it is.

See the Graphic here - http://www.tridentlab.com/indesign_bug.jpg

****  NOTE :  Please copy the link above and paste it on a browser.  Somehow Adobe has added junk into the URL.

Now that was for Leading.   But I do have the same issue when Incrementally selecting an object and moving it using the

Control - Alt - arrow keys.   It moves more than an increment like maybe 1/2 an inch at a certain place.

Can anyone help me with this?

Greatly appreciate it.

Ed

Message was edited by: Ed Bangle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have text aligned to baseline grid? Turn it off.

Worth noting: Windows 7 is nearing EOL. The next version of InDesign will not run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh Success .... I had a feeling it was a control.   Thank you Bob L.  for your help.  

I was not able to turn off the baseline grid as in the preferences / Grid dialogue box .... there was no ... on/off switch.

But I was able to bring down the increments to as low as .1 inch.   That works for me for the moment. 

If you know where that control is in preferences,  please let me know.  

Once again,  your input helped.

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s a paragraph level attribute. Check the style, it’s likely in there. You can also turn it off by looking in the paragraph panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Bob! That was the exact issue I was having and couldn't figure it out. Too bad ID doesn't allow you to turn it off in the preferences before creating a new document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines