Highlighted

leading jumps to more than just 1 point at a time when changing it in leading box.

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can change the leading in indesign to a different point size, however it doesnt change until I get to about 4 point sizes higher. If I drag the text box off of my document onto the desktop area, it holds the leading typed in correctly... drag it back over my document and it jumps to a bigger leading amount. This has been going on for many months. I need to fix this problem. Help!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

Are you aligning to a baselinee grid, one that doesn't suit your leading?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

leading jumps to more than just 1 point at a time when changing it in leading box.

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can change the leading in indesign to a different point size, however it doesnt change until I get to about 4 point sizes higher. If I drag the text box off of my document onto the desktop area, it holds the leading typed in correctly... drag it back over my document and it jumps to a bigger leading amount. This has been going on for many months. I need to fix this problem. Help!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like your text is aligned to the baseline grid.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 1
giesenk LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it! Can't thank you both enough. I have been an indesign user since it came out... never used this before, one of my co-workers must have used it and saved it with the document templet. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 1