• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Limits on Find/Change

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am using find/change, would there be any workarounds to the limit of the change section? I need to make particular changes, but the character menu in the "Change to" section does not allow the use of wildcards. 

TOPICS
InCopy workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you elaborate on your needs? The changeTo section is meant to provides the final value to be used for substitution, we can't use wildcards in this section? The way this is supposed to work is to provide all the conditions of the search in the search field, and then use the exact values in the changeTo section. If some other logic needs to be intertwined in this then we can accommodate it by writing a script.

-Manan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With my issue, I need to change letter-end of paragraph-letter to letter-space-letter. I'm hoping to find a workaround to make this change throughout the entire document at once. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not understand this, can you show some examples?

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also not quite sure what you're trying to do – but my best bet would be to do a GREP search since you can access/use your found values via $1, $2, $3 in the changeTo section...

But GREP can get quite complicated. Since I'm with Manan and don't quite understand your needs an example would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines