• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link and renew link

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Relink a placed image in Indesign does not work. See attached PDF of problem.

Info: I use macOs Catalina and the latest Adobe programs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the InDesign forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the image, and under the Object Menu, go to Object Layer Options. Change the Update Link Options to Use PDF's Layer visibility. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 10.21.40 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx for reaction.

I don't know what you mean. Under the Object Menu in Indesign at the top of the screen there is no pop up as you show.

I use a Dutch version of Indesign, so I must translate your text. If you can make it visible it will help.

Info: I use the latest versions of Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture d’écran 2021-02-11 à 17.43.51.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option SJRiegel gave has nothing to do with the problem, I think. The in Indesign placed document is an Illustrator ai document. The reaction is about placed PDF documents. I try again to explain the problem, this time not visible by images but in text:

I create an Illustrator document with 3 layers. When I change the ai document in Illustrator by making 1 layer not visible and save it under the same name, Indesign notice the change in the Illustrator document by an 'alert icon' and I can relink the Illustrator document. After relinking it should show in Indesign the changed Illustrator document with 2 layers. But nothing change, Indesign still show the Illustrator document with 3 layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you actually try and look at the settings?

Changing the visibilty of layers sometimes can cause troubles, because InDesign remembers which layers where visible. There's an option for that as you can see in the screenshot of SJRiegel.

fyi: InDesign places the PDF part of an Illustrator document, so internally ai = pdf.

Try saving an .ai without the Embedded PDF option in the Save as Dialog and place that in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines