• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\..\..\build\win\objDx64\PMRuntime.lib'

Engaged ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have an InDesign plugin using "plugin_sdk_15.0.0.155" and Visual Studio 2017 which compiles fine (and runs fine) in release mode/configuration on Windows 10.

But when I try to build the debug configuration, then I get the linker error "LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\..\..\build\win\objDx64\PMRuntime.lib'". I did see a related post, but it was quite old and seemed to apply to CS6.

Any suggestions ?

Very best regards,

Olivier

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things

• Did you check this file exits at this location? This path is relative to the proj file location. To be sure you can replace this relative path with an absolute path and then try
  • If the absolute path also did not work then it seems the file is corrupt and redownloading the file from sdk might help

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan,

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

The file is not at that location, which points right in the middle of nowhere on my drive. My problenm is that, despite searching through the vcxproj and sln file in text mode, I cannot find a reference to that file or folder (so that I can replace it). Do you know where that path comes from ?

Very best regards,

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a WIN machine handy, but there should be some props files being referred from the vcxprj, look in those files.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't aware of the .props files.

Thank you very much !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So did you manage to locate the props file where you need to change the file path to the lib file? Were you able to isolate the reason of the problem then, was it the wrong path in the props file, a corrupt lib file, or something else?

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started working on it last night, but did not get anywhere, yet.

I have the following release props files "IppReleaseX64.props" and "IppReleaseX64.sdk.props", but only one debug props file "IppDebugX64.sdk.props" which is much smaller than the corresponding release props file, but where the ID_SDK_DIR is the same.

The debug props file is missing a lot of the definitions, such as "BoostFilesystemLib" and is missing all the "BuildMacro Include".

Since the release build, compiles, runs and debugs, perfectly, could I use the release props files to buyild the debug ones ?

Very bst regards,

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would advise against using the release version props for debug version, as there are several places where things need to be changed in release vs. debug builds. For example, you would need to pay attention that you are linking against debug versions of the libraries. Missing anything could cause crashes or probably failure to load the plugin. What you could do is use the release version of props file as the base and make appropriate changes, or you could also look at how SDK plugins props files are architected, and the recreate or reuse them with path changes. What I do is, copy over the SDK props file and make the relevant changes.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines