• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link Question, InDesign

Contributor ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings. I create books with text and photos via InDesign. I create a folder for the photos I need to access and it all goes smoothly. At some point I'd like to move the folder to another location and I know that it will show up as a broken link in my project.

My question is - will this create a mess that I will have to sort out page by page, or will relinking on one page cause all of the broken links to reconnect? 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Package the file, including document and photos to the new location.

Or, if you copy the photo folder to a new location, from the ID document, when you relink one photo, the remaining will be re-establish their link.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to the great responses given earlier, you may check out help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/graphics-links.html to know more about managing links in Adobe InDesign.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Package the file, including document and photos to the new location.

Or, if you copy the photo folder to a new location, from the ID document, when you relink one photo, the remaining will be re-establish their link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you keep all of the images for the job in a single folder and then you break the path to that folder, you can select all of the images in the Links window and go to Relink to Folder in the fly-out of the Links window. Navigate to the new location of the folder, and it will relink all images that have the same names. If the modification dates are different, they will show as linked to the same-named image, but you will need to update the links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to the great responses given earlier, you may check out help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/graphics-links.html to know more about managing links in Adobe InDesign.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines