Linked Spreadsheet Issue: Percentages Not Showing Decimal Values

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya! I'm experimenting with linking tables to an Excel document and running into an issue with percentages. There is a column of data that is formatted in Excel as percentages with two places after the decimal (e.g. 24.50%), but when I place the linked sheet into InDesign, the percentage values are not showing anything after the decimal. Is this a bug, or there just some setting that I'm missing? I have tried saving the Excel spreadsheet as .xls, but that did not solve the issue. I have also updated to the latest version of InDesign (16.0.1), and that didn't help.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

New Here , Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020
Not sure how to delete a post, but I literally figured this out right after posting. There is a "number of decimal places" field in the Place dialogue where I can set that. Screenshot attached for reference, in case anyone else has this question.

translate

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how to delete a post, but I literally figured this out right after posting. There is a "number of decimal places" field in the Place dialogue where I can set that. Screenshot attached for reference, in case anyone else has this question.

InDesign_spreadsheet_Place_dialogue.jpg

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines