Linking to Cloud Documents

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using InDesign, I can't link to files I create in Fresco. 

On the creative cloud there are two areas:

1. Synced files
2. Cloud Documents

InDesign cannot see the second "Cloud Documents". I can transfer the files over but it adds a few steps, which is really annoying given that they're side-by-side in the same place. I want to draw in Fresco and/or Photoshop then let InDesign just update the link. (Similar to when you just update a file in photoshop, Indesign just updates.)

Any advice here?

TOPICS
Import and export, Sync and storage

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Cloud documents created by Photoshop desktop and iPad, and also Fresco are not currently useable in InDesign. They're in a new format (not PSD). They are PSDC files. They are specially optimized for moving the features of those applications between desktop and mobile apps efficiently. You would save them as PSD files to be placed into InDesign.

It's very analagous to Camera Raw files. Camera Raw files also cannot be placed in InDesign without first saving them as PSD files.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like, cmon, Adobe, this is essential. Pls finally start with the basics, make them work and then you can continue developing multiple useless drawing apps and other bells and whistles. Like how many different clouds can one want – cloud documents, cc documents, libraries etc and none of them actually work.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essential? Seriously?

Six months ago some of those formats didn't even exist. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it may not be essential, but atleast confusing!

It's all about the matter of corrections. A client likes the illustration I made in Fresco, opened in PhotoShop to get it imported to InDesign (conversion .psdc to .psd and moving from Dcoument Cloud to something InDesign can import). But the client wants the illustration blue instead of red. So I have to get back to Fresco make the thing blue and do the whole conversion again to get it in InDesign. It's a lot of overhead, guys!

And yes essential is probably a big word in this case, 30 years ago is was still working with Rotring pens on paper...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would agree, though. It's not about the file format, it's about the connectivity. I should be able to draw on my iPad in Fresco and have the file update through the cloud in the InDesign app.
I feel like that will be a 2.0 feature (or at least I hope it will be).

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign requires all placed assets to be in your local network—the link address can’t be a URL.

If you save your InDesign files and assets inside of your local Creative Cloud Files folder, the files will automatically sync into your Adobe web server’s Synced files directory, and also sync to the CFF folder on another computer associated with your CC account. You can the place the local versions of the sync’d files

If you need to collabrate, you can invite other CC users to share any folder in your Creative Cloud Files folder, and in that case the files will also sync to those user’s CCF folders. 

As others have noted the web server’s Cloud Documents folder is for Photoshop PSDC files, and would only be useful if you need to edit Photshop files on a mobile device. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines