• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking Type 'Textfield' in interactive pdf to load and show on indicated locations.

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i'm creating an interactieve pdf file in InDesign. I wan't to use the data from a (Type) Textfield to show on other locations (pages) througout the document. So how it should work: when (in the exported pdf document) someone fills in "example" in the Textfield this should automitically load and show on other indicated locations within the pdf file. Someone knowing if this is possible, and if yes how this works?

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

If you copy an existing text field (in Acrobat) and paste it into a new location, anything you type in the original text field (or copy) will appear in the other text field.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you copy an existing text field (in Acrobat) and paste it into a new location, anything you type in the original text field (or copy) will appear in the other text field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your answer. The problem is that it is not an 'ordinary' text field (it is a interactive pdf). It is a 'Type Textfield' which I cannot copy (or select) if I edit the exported pdf in Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you can select, copy, and paste form fields in Acrobat's Form Edit mode.

Tools > Prepare Form > Edit Form

There is also a Duplicate feature that does what you want.

You can also design this in InDesign; two or more text fields with the exact same field name will behave the way you describe in the final exported form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Luke, I thought I tried the option 'same name field' before and it didn't work (must have done something wrong). Tried it again and now it works correct. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines