Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links in PDF documents don't work on Android smartphones

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Community,

I created a PDF file in Indesign for mobile devices with hyperlinks. The hyperlinks linking to websites work fine only on Android smartphones the "go to page" links don't work. On iPhones all links work nicely. Can you help?

Regards

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they simple hyperlinks or are you using roll-over buttons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess simple hyperlinks, created with the hyperlinks window targeting to a specific page in the document. I used the function: Link to "Page".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you opening, viewing and testing in Adobe's Acrobat Reader app? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, in the preinstalled PDF viewer software on the smartphones. I try to get this document running on most smartphones, shall be opened without downloading a specific PDF viewer. Works fine on iPhones, only Android is ignoring the "go to page"-links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any interactivity in a PDF is a crapshoot under the best of circumstances. I suggest installing Acrobat Reader for Android and testing it there. If it works, you have your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many PDF viewers offer no interactivity at all. Nothing you can do to make that work. It's pretty random for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try seeing if this method works better for you.

Create the hyperlink like this: Type > Hyperlinks & Cross Reference and select Link To: and select Page from the drop-down menu and select the page number you want to link with. Let us know how you get on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, Android won't recognise it as a hyperlink. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same problem and no one from Adobe will address this.  I have a 48 page document and want to share on facebook, etc., which means people will access it mostly on their phones.  Iphone works fine, but go to page link appears for a second and then disappears and cannot get it back to turn to next page.  I wish Adobe would respond and do something about this.  This is a HUGE PROBLEM. And I am very very very aggravated by it .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want (say) arrow shapes on the pages which, if users tap on it, they go to the next page or the previous page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek, im trying to do something like this, where i place the link box on top of graphic buttons. However they dont work on android.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had the same problem. Received a ticket for livestream as a pdf file could not get acces there was a URL link on the ticket but it did not work. Tried latest Adobe acrobat app, one drive pdf viewer, Drive pdf viewer. Downloaded Xodo and with the same pdf file it wotked fine. Cannot find uot why the strandard adobe app would not recognise the embedded URL. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines