Highlighted

Load DTD fails with syntax error

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would seem to be a trivial thing to do, but for the life of me, I cannot get "Load DTD..." to work unless I remove the DOCTYPE declaration, which seems nonsensical to me.

Rather than include my (long) actual DTD, I created a simple one, and the same problem occurs. I do not know if this is a bug in InDesign, or if there is missing syntax (I could not find ANY examples of an actual DTD file in Adobe's documentation, only places where you view one already loaded).

<!DOCTYPE address [
   <!ELEMENT address (name,company,phone)>
   <!ELEMENT name (#PCDATA)>
   <!ELEMENT company (#PCDATA)>
   <!ELEMENT phone (#PCDATA)>
]>

When I attempt to load this, I get "Syntax error. Line 1, Column: 1".

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? Thank you!

TOPICS
Import and export, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Load DTD fails with syntax error

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would seem to be a trivial thing to do, but for the life of me, I cannot get "Load DTD..." to work unless I remove the DOCTYPE declaration, which seems nonsensical to me.

Rather than include my (long) actual DTD, I created a simple one, and the same problem occurs. I do not know if this is a bug in InDesign, or if there is missing syntax (I could not find ANY examples of an actual DTD file in Adobe's documentation, only places where you view one already loaded).

<!DOCTYPE address [
   <!ELEMENT address (name,company,phone)>
   <!ELEMENT name (#PCDATA)>
   <!ELEMENT company (#PCDATA)>
   <!ELEMENT phone (#PCDATA)>
]>

When I attempt to load this, I get "Syntax error. Line 1, Column: 1".

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? Thank you!

TOPICS
Import and export, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 21, 2020 0

Have something to add?