Highlighted

Load Personal Shortcuts set at start

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask Indesign (CC2018 - MAC) to automatically load my personal shortcuts set at start ?

And how ?

If this option is not available in the interface , can I fiddle with the Presets folder to do that ?

And how ?

------------

Thanks for this great software

BUT PLEASE IMPLEMENT AUTOMATED FOOTNOTES FORCED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE IN 2 COLUMNS (SPLIT MODE)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Load Personal Shortcuts set at start

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask Indesign (CC2018 - MAC) to automatically load my personal shortcuts set at start ?

And how ?

If this option is not available in the interface , can I fiddle with the Presets folder to do that ?

And how ?

------------

Thanks for this great software

BUT PLEASE IMPLEMENT AUTOMATED FOOTNOTES FORCED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE IN 2 COLUMNS (SPLIT MODE)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 15, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close all documents, then choose Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts...

Choose your personal set from the Set: menu at the top of the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog. Click OK.

Close and restart InDesign.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you load your own personal shortcuts? I followed your instruction it only gives the below options.

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 8.12.40 AM.png

Ideally it would be great if you added a load button, so I could navigate to my set and then load. there is a save button
so surely there must be a way to load that which has been saved?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you need to do is in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog window (with no document open) is to first click on New Set. It will then ask you to name the new set you're about to make. Now create all of the custom keyboard shortcuts you need. Then quit InDesign and when you relaunch the program your new set should appear in the list. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill 

thanks for your response. Once I've manually re-set my shortcuts it seems to retain it anyway. But that defeats the purpose of saving your set. I recently upgraded to a new laptop, and so I had saved my shortcuts, and presets. from the old to bring to the new. I decided to upgrade indesign to the latest 2020 version. However I couldn't load my shortcuts so had to manually re-set them all. then the 2020 version became problematic, So I reverted back to an earlier version, but in doin so, I had to re-set the short cuts again. Thats why I was suggesting that it would be great, to have a load button, just like loading pdf presets or document setup presets. Thanks : )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0