Highlighted

Looking for a script to color code paragraph styles palette

Engaged ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I have missed it somewhere, I don't think InD has the facility to color-code specific styles in the styles palettes the way it does in the layers palette. I am working on a ginormous document with dozens of styles, and though I've divided them into style groups, they are still cumbersome to scroll through. I just wondered if anyone knows of a script that allows one to color-code paragraph styles within the styles palette, for quick-pickin's?

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Looking for a script to color code paragraph styles palette

Engaged ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I have missed it somewhere, I don't think InD has the facility to color-code specific styles in the styles palettes the way it does in the layers palette. I am working on a ginormous document with dozens of styles, and though I've divided them into style groups, they are still cumbersome to scroll through. I just wondered if anyone knows of a script that allows one to color-code paragraph styles within the styles palette, for quick-pickin's?

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you, I've been requesting the feature for years -- here's a mock-up I produced for the InDesign team, who said they liked it, but they never implemented it.
Why not request it in the new InDesign new features suggestions?

21F6EC53-AD23-490D-9378-5F8CC5B637FD.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. I wish this DID exist. Exactly what is needed. Yes, I will go suggest it as a new feature, and maybe you can suggest it again, too. Maybe at this late date, with so many other "standard, expected" features already implemented, they might push this particular idea up the ladder a little farther.  It's not just cosmetic -- it would really be a big help!! (And in the meantime, I'm still hoping some enterprising programmer out there somewhere has written or will write a script to do it!)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0