• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for a solution: Documents with fillable form fields and rich media

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, been stumped on this for a while... I work with a small team in an educational context, and we've been building our print-based teaching materials in InDesign and InCopy with our contributing authors for years, but with Flash being officially out, I'm wondering if InDesign will be updated to better handle use of audio and video files through exported interactive PDFs, as we also produce our own media. Our current dilemma is that InDesign won't seem to export interactive PDFs in the same way Acrobat can add rich media to a PDF (and unless I'm completely off the mark, embedding from Acrobat doesn't use Flash anymore, while InDesign does), and I don't want to have to re-embed each audio clip in Acrobat should corrections need to be made to the source document in InDesign down the line. Publishing online isn't perfect as the lack of fillable fields for students to work on outside of class isn't ideal, either. 

Is there a current or upcoming solution to have an interactive PDF that allows us to have fillable fields and integrated audio/video in 2021? I've been researching for a while and there seems to be a desire for this, but no solution on the horizon unless I've missed it.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that might help a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines