Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for alternative to scrolling text panel

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - 

I'm not a user, but have inherited an interactive PDF that was built in InDesign.  I need to request some changes to the document's layout, but am interested in first understanding what options exist as an alternative to scrolling text panels.  

My issue: I have more text than will fit in the assigned space.  The text can't simply pick-up on a subsequent page.  I could not see where scrolling text panels were an option in InDesign. Can anyone recommend an alternative layout.  Does InDesign offer functionality like an expand/collapse panels or click/reveal? 

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide....Paula

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Interactive PDFs can be created in InDesign and fine-tuned in Acrobat Pro. Scrolling text panels are for reading only – only the text that appears wthin the panel will print. You can't edit the PDF (only simple edits). There's third party software to convert PDFs to InDesign for editing: 

https://www.recosoft.com/products/pdf2id/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwoJX8BRCZARIsAEWBFMJtSoxiYt24EM4jGd698zispmQ62-XnnRAhJ5mcKhoVwmSfS31WLCEaAnrREALw_wcB

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interactive PDFs can be created in InDesign and fine-tuned in Acrobat Pro. Scrolling text panels are for reading only – only the text that appears wthin the panel will print. You can't edit the PDF (only simple edits). There's third party software to convert PDFs to InDesign for editing: 

https://www.recosoft.com/products/pdf2id/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwoJX8BRCZARIsAEWBFMJtSoxiYt24EM4jGd698zispmQ6...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Derek!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines