• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for an easy way to work on projects at the office and at home

Contributor ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't really know which subforum to post this so I'll just try it here. I am planning to work (graphic design) at the office all week apart from one day where I'll be working at home. I have an iMac at the office and a similar one at home. What is the easiest way to make sure I will always have the latest versions of my projects at hand?

I was thinking about working directly into the Creative Cloud folder so all my work is synced in the cloud all the time but apparently that isn't the best way to do it: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/using-creative-cloud-files-folder-as-main-sto...

Anybody knows a good solution to get this done? I don't really want to spend a lot of time copying files and version checking.

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use Creative Cloud files. I use it all the time and it works great. Using this method does store a local copy on your computer (both computers actually). You just want to make sure that you're signed in to the same account on both computers and that the Creative Cloud Desktop Application is running on both computers. You can see the sync status on both machines and it will tell you when you're up to date (synced).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I thought too but I was adviced to not work directly into that Creative Cloud Files folder (as I was planning to do: see the link I posted). Do you store your work elsewhere (on your computer) and only copy what you need (on the other computer) into the Cloud or do you work directly into the Creative Cloud Files folder? What is your current workflow if I may ask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, there isn't a problem using the Creative Cloud Files folder directly. (What was the reason behind this advice?)

That said, a typical account gets 100 GB of storage. If you have a Microsoft Office 365 account (personal or enterprise), you get 1 TB of storage with OneDrive (about 10 times more). You Adobe account might be different.

Most cloud storage systems--Microsoft OneDrive, DropBox, Google Drive, Box, etc.--have apps that can install on your computers, so you don't have to work through a web browser.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cloud space for a full CC account should be 1TB.

Screen Shot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t see any problem with using the CCF folder, I store all of my live ongoing work and assets there.

It is not an incremental backup, but it is an off-site backup. For incremental backups I use Retrospect, which gives me the incremental backup while the CCF folder provides the off site backup. You could also look at Dropbox sync’ing, which does include some incremental backups.

For working in two different locations it is a much better strategy than the alternative, which would be manually moving files between the two machines and trying to keep track of modification dates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the only problem I’ve run into with the CCF folder was with an application that was auto saving in the background. The app’s default preference was to save every 5 sec and the cloud sync’ing couldn’t keep up with the auto saves, so I was getting conflicted copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd use either Dropbox or Onedrive for this. I was turned off by CC storage from day one and I still don't think Adobe has caught up with them as far as features go. That said, CC is still better than trying to manually move the files back and forth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Generally, there isn't a problem using the Creative Cloud Files folder directly."

"I don’t see any problem with using the CCF folder, I store all of my live ongoing work and assets there."

"That said, CC is still better than trying to manually move the files back and forth."

Well, thanks all, that settles it: I will be working directly in the Creative Cloud Files folder from now on. Seems the easiest way to get things done.

Some additional information: I like to keep my things organized and clean and so my 'current work' folder hardly ever exceeds 20 to 30 GB so... I'm fine with the allocated space on the Creative Cloud. Furthermore I will use Chronosync to backup the Creative Cloud Files folder (incremental and with versions keeping). It sure beats moving files back and forth indeed as I was doing up to now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since I can't edit my post (?): 20 to 30 GB doesn't sound like a lot but that's because my biggest weekly job is done in the cloud already using WoodWing. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines