• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for help with Indesign Forms.

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a form that will autopopulate the answers in an "overall note" at the bottom based on answers put in elseswhere throughout the document. Is this possible? I have found some trheads talking about codes but I can't figure out how/where to put those and how to create the code. 

Thank you for any help you can provide!!!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Scripting , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As far as I am aware this is currently not possible in InDesign, once you have designed your document you can export to PDF and then use Acrobat to achieve what you want.

The code wouldn't be that tough as it would just be a case of accessing each field, getting the values and then placing them in a final text field.

Feel free to get in touch using the messaging if you want.

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I sent you an email with a few follow up questions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's preferred to ask all questions on the forum (rather than privately), then we can all contribute and we can all learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I am more than happy to answer questions here once you have made a start on the above and get stuck, when I refered to messaging that was if they wanted a paid for solution, sorry I should have made that clearer.

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines