Highlighted

looking to create a digital folder interactive pdf/epub design

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am working on a project to develop an interactive PDF design for a presentation folder. I'm wanting to basically create a digitized version of a folder, which is a pdf file that can be sent to prospective clients. Beyond simply maintaining a presentation folder structure, I'm also wanting to use animations that make the folder seem more real -- such as opening, paper sheets lifting out of the folder pockets, etc.

Through InDesign I know I can use pop-up button creation to hide the complete documents until they're clicked, but I'm not sure about how to create and add an animation that makes the folder look real. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by BobLevine | Most Valuable Participant

It'll never work so don't even bother. Animations are not supported in PDF and even without them it would be so huge you'd have to put it on the web for download and then you can't control how it will be viewed.

What you really need is a website, not a PDF.

Topics

EPUB, Feature request, How to, Import and export, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

looking to create a digital folder interactive pdf/epub design

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am working on a project to develop an interactive PDF design for a presentation folder. I'm wanting to basically create a digitized version of a folder, which is a pdf file that can be sent to prospective clients. Beyond simply maintaining a presentation folder structure, I'm also wanting to use animations that make the folder seem more real -- such as opening, paper sheets lifting out of the folder pockets, etc.

Through InDesign I know I can use pop-up button creation to hide the complete documents until they're clicked, but I'm not sure about how to create and add an animation that makes the folder look real. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by BobLevine | Most Valuable Participant

It'll never work so don't even bother. Animations are not supported in PDF and even without them it would be so huge you'd have to put it on the web for download and then you can't control how it will be viewed.

Topics

EPUB, Feature request, How to, Import and export, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your quick response! I do have a follow-up question though. Since this would function better on a website and using HTML encoding, what are your thoughts on using an HTML5 document (such as epub) in order to incorporate it into the website? The plan is already have the digital presentation folder hosted on the website for clients to access. FYI, I'm working in Wordpress and using the Divy theme. I don't know if you know anything about Wordpress, but I wanted to include that info in case it helps. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created more Wordpress sites than I can count and it really sounds like something you could do natively with a little imagination and the right plugins.

I'm an Avada guy but I would think Divi would work for this as well.

If you're determined to get this out with InDesign look into in5 from Ajarproductions.com.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines