Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loosing 1st footnote (turned into square) after importing a word file

Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I´d like to ask you for help. I have encountered an issue I had never had before. I have a word document with a lot of footnotes, the first of which is in the title of the document - and this becomes a square after importing into an InDesign project. The worst thing is that all the footnotes texts have been forwarded by one position in their order, i.e. it takes the second footnote reference number in the oroginal word documents as the first one - renumbering the footnote texts as well. Any idea how to solve it? Working in InDesign CS5

Thanks

TOPICS
Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Ok, so after 2 hours of cursing I managed to find a solution - had to delete formatting and styles in the original word document and save it as rtf. Then InDesing took it without issues. However, it´s strange why InDesign was not able to recognize the fist footnote number only, the rest was recognized...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so after 2 hours of cursing I managed to find a solution - had to delete formatting and styles in the original word document and save it as rtf. Then InDesing took it without issues. However, it´s strange why InDesign was not able to recognize the fist footnote number only, the rest was recognized...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines