• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost data from InDesign file after macOS Catalina update.

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellow technical wizards, 

I have been working off of an Indesign document for months now, continuously saving my modifications and making copies of my work. Yesterday I went to open the document and it said 'You do not have permission' and to go into 'preferences' (something along those lines). In 'preferences' there was an update for Catalina. I updated my mac and then returned to my document and all of my work had DISAPPEARED !!!! It said that the document was last modified on the 14th March, which is not true as I have been saving, closing and further working off of it since then. I am at an absolute loss and 12,000 words have vanished. All of the copies I have made including those on an external harddrive, are not my modified versions. 

*I have tried time machine/ icloud/ indesign recovery* nothing has worked !! 

Also when I am on the Indesign homepage, the thumbnail of my work that was newly modified comes up with:  'The file does not exist, you do not have permission, or the file may be in use by another application".  

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME :((((((( 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the data loss. Could you please confirm if you are able to open the file at your end? How about other files, are they opening fine?

You may also, share your file at Grp-idfile@adobe.com and we can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. I must also inform you that file recovery can't be guaranteed with a 100% success. We'll surely try our best.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the data loss. Could you please confirm if you are able to open the file at your end? How about other files, are they opening fine?

You may also, share your file at Grp-idfile@adobe.com and we can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. I must also inform you that file recovery can't be guaranteed with a 100% success. We'll surely try our best.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the file in a Dropbox or Onedrive folder? If so, turn off smart sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines