• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost pages indesign document / how do you recover old saved version?

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour (english will follow),

Je suis en train de faire de la mise en page / traitement de texte pour un livre de 106 pages avec indesign 2020. Quand j'ai ouvert le fichier aujoud'hui, toutes mes pages après la page 17 étaient vides (Voir photo: Screenshit-problem _1). J'ai déjà eu ce problème avec indesign 2017 sans avoir trouvé la cause. Je n'ai pas envie de me retaper le traitement de texte.

Quand je fait la mise en page, j'importe un document word provenant de l'auteur, je ne sais pas si cette information peut aider.

Je n'ai pas non plus accès à une version antérieure en cliquant droit sur le fichier (Voir photo: Screenshit-problem_2).

Est-il plus simple de restorer la version d'hier? Comment fait-on cela?

[English]

I am doing a page layout (don't know if it's the good term in english) for a book of 106 pages on indesign 2020. When i opened the document this morning, all my pages from page 17 to the end where blanks (See picture Screenshit-problem _1). I already had this problem with indesign 2017 without finding the reason. I don't want to redo everything.

When i work, i import a word document from the authors in inDesign, i don't if this information can be useful.

I also don't have acces to an older file version (see picture Screenshit-problem_2).

Is it simplier to restore yesterday's version? How do you do that?

Svp ne pas me dire : " C'est pour ça qu'il faut toujours avoir un backup". Merci à l'avance.

Please don't tell me : " This is why you need backups". Thank you

TOPICS
Bug , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

The first thing I would do is click on the last visible word "collectives" I think, and tap Ctrl+Y. This opens Story Editor. Is the rest of the text still visible? (I think it will be there!)

Because your text is fully justified and "collectives" is still in the right place, I suspect a Keeps issue (or maybe a manual break) is hiding the rest of the text. We can help but it is quickest to look at the file. If that doesn't work, check the Keep settings for the Quote paragraph style and the Body

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing I would do is click on the last visible word "collectives" I think, and tap Ctrl+Y. This opens Story Editor. Is the rest of the text still visible? (I think it will be there!)

Because your text is fully justified and "collectives" is still in the right place, I suspect a Keeps issue (or maybe a manual break) is hiding the rest of the text. We can help but it is quickest to look at the file. If that doesn't work, check the Keep settings for the Quote paragraph style and the Body paragraph styles. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen something like this happen when hyphenation is turned off and there is text (like a URL web address) that is far too long to exist on a single line and thus can't be hyphenated. It winds up flipping the text completely out of all the threaded frames. If you find that hyphenation is turned off then try turning it on. You can find hyphenation under the Paragraph Panel pull-down menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Est-ce que les pages sont vraiment vides ? Mets ton curseur dans le bloc de texte et affiche-le en mode éditeur (Commande Y sur Mac, Contrôle Y sur Windows).

Edit: je viens de voir que Barb a déjà fait cette suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines