• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac bug? InDesign bug? relink and search shows different path, relinks to file name, different file

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Indesign, some links show they need to be updated. When I try to relink them, type the name in the search, the file name comes up, but the path at the bottom shows a different location tha where it really is. If I say ok and relink, it relinks to a different file.

Help!

Karen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of typing anything, try using the mouse to navigate to the correct folder and double click the file you are trying to link to. Does that make a difference?

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes that does work....do you think it is a bug or a corrupt finder? Or?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Karen:

My first thought was that you weren't in the folder you thought you were in, and by using the typing method, it wasn't obvious to you. Knowing that you know that you can relink—phew!—try your way again and keep a close eye on the folders/filenames. Hopefully, it was just a navigation issue.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines