• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS Adobe CS6

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am probably going to have to replace a MacBook Pro running El Capitan (10.11.6). I work on a network with 4 other Macs that also work on InDesign documents I create in Adobe CS6, and I work on documents they create. One of them is also running on El Capitan (10.11.6), the others are running on 10.10.5, 10.9.5 and 10.8.4. 

If I have a newer OS on a new MacBook Pro will I still be able to use CS6 and will the documents work on the other network computers?

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020
No! CS6 is a 32 bit application.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No! CS6 is a 32 bit application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could look at an app like Carbon Copy Cloner, which lets you clone a bootable copy of your current machineā€™s startup drive to an external SSD drive. You should be able to startup the new laptop from the clone and use the older apps. There would also be the option to clone the copy back to the new laptop, but at some point everyone will have to upgrade.

https://bombich.com/download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines