• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacBook Air M1 and Indesign: constantly crashes

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working in Indesign (v16.0.1), my new Macbook Air (OSX v11.0.1) with M1 chip constantly crashes. 3 times within one hour. Mostly when exporting to PDF. 

Please help!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Adobe is actively working to build apps that run natively on Apple computers using the Apple Silicon M1 chip. Many of our existing apps can run on M1 devices using Apple's Rosetta 2 technology. Please stay tuned on this help article for more updates.

Additionally, please try following suggestions given on this community post to improve the performance of the app. Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Hi all,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. The first Beta release of InDesign for Apple silicon M1 is now available to download. Please try installing by following the instructions on this page and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the InDesign forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Adobe is actively working to build apps that run natively on Apple computers using the Apple Silicon M1 chip. Many of our existing apps can run on M1 devices using Apple's Rosetta 2 technology. Please stay tuned on this help article for more updates.

Additionally, please try following suggestions given on this community post to improve the performance of the app. Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what they have to do with one another, but I find my InDesign hangs and crashes (often requiring or resulting in a reboot) when I have Apple Music running. When I'm not listening to music, InDesign is much more stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. The first Beta release of InDesign for Apple silicon M1 is now available to download. Please try installing by following the instructions on this page and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still happening to me in 2022. Very frequent crashes which I report every time. It's become much less stable with the new M1 chipset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines